Friday, January 2, 2015

What I’ll be doing in 2015….

For many years I made resolutions and then I never followed up on them so last year I had this brilliant idea to stop making resolutions.  The only problem….now that 2014 is over, it feels like I got accomplished nothing.  I decided that also won’t work so I’m going back to setting some goals. 

2015 Goals

  • Apply to college to start in the Summer semester.
  • Make decision when it comes to work.
  • Take better care of myself by walking at least 8,000 steps a day and realistically add more until I am at over 10,000 steps; work on my flexibility by doing some yoga at least twice a week; after three months of yoga and watching what I eat and walking, transition to the Couch to 5K program; and stop eating things that are not nice to me.  (I am lactose intolerant and have been my whole life but I still ate ice cream and cheese and then just put up with being sick.  Now I resolve to stop doing that.)
  • Read some books.
  • Knit some stuff.
  • If I don’t get out of my dark place, resolve to go to a therapist.

None of these resolutions or goals are extremely difficult but I have been in a seriously blue place for the past year and I am being gentle with myself. 

The only time I have been successful with my resolutions is when I quit smoking.NaBloPoMo_1214_465x287_HABIT

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your resolutions. It reminded me that I need to get a new battery for my pedometer! We have a scheduled walking time at work and I want to start participating in it more frequently.

Terri M., the Director
Second Run Reviews